Starting the conversation
I ask prospective clients to make an appointment. Why? I want to honor your needs by giving you my undivided attention.
Click on the big blue button to self-schedule a confidential, non-judgmental chat by phone about the type(s) of support that would best enable you to meet your goals. Up to 30 minutes; no charge.
If you’re located beyond southeast Michigan, you prefer to interact by email, telephone, and/or video conferencing, or you’re looking for support in time and action management (i.e., establishing or maintaining a big writing project, transitioning between career stages, maintaining progress with organization, etc.), this option is for you. I am now a Certified MentorCoach and also an Associate Certified Coach (ACC) with the International Coach Federation.
We’ll schedule two to four 30-minute phone calls each month. You’ll set the agenda for each call, and together we’ll explore solutions, accountabilities, and troubleshoot potential obstacles. At the end of the call, you’ll have a flexible game plan for the days ahead.
Step 1: Assess and Brainstorm
I’ll come to your home or workspace in the Ann Arbor, Michigan area. We’ll spend two and a half hours together reviewing what works and doesn’t work in your time, space, and stuff management systems. At the end of the session, you’ll have a prioritized list of suggested improvements (both easy wins and long-term projects), and a customized reading list matched to your particular needs.
Step 2: Making it happen
I’ll come to your home or workspace in the Ann Arbor, Michigan area. We’ll focus together on action items and make visible progress. I provide ideas and focus; you make final decisions regarding both discarding and arranging items. At the end of the session, your space will function better and look less cluttered.
Typical projects include:
- Setting up a new workspace
- Reclaiming a “lived-in” office
- Coordinating home and school offices
- Clearing backlogs of papers and objects
- Defusing “emotional bombs” hiding in piles or boxes
- Revising home spaces to support both personal and professional goals
- Digging out from the chaos of a hard semester, a challenging project, or an unexpected personal challenge
Workshops and seminars
Does your program, department, or campus want to sponsor a program on academic productivity for graduate students or faculty? Contact me to start planning a customized, dynamic presentation!
Some of my favorite workshops and seminars include:
- “Turbocharge your Writing Process”
- “The Productivity Smile and You”
- “Rocking the Literature Review”
- “Organizing the Academic Office” (can be paired with an “Ask the Organizer” day, with 30-minute on-site consults for all participants)
- “Dissertation Writing Intensive” (3-week program including coaching for all participants)
I also offer developmental editing and copyediting of manuscripts for scholarly works in my area of specialty (Roman art and archaeology). While several of my projects have been confidential, you can sample my work in the Oxford Handbook of Roman Sculpture (2015), which I edited along with two colleagues. Back in 2011, when we pitched the book idea to Oxford University Press, we set January 2015 as our target date for publication. We’re quite proud to have met that deadline!