- “Dismembering a Sacred Cow: The Extispicium Relief in the Louvre” (co-authored with Elizabeth Wolfram Thill), in Roman Artists, Patrons, & Public Consumption: Familiar Works Reconsidered, edited by Brenda Longfellow and Ellen E. Perry, 38-62. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press. 2018.
- “Monumental Reliefs” (co-authored with Elizabeth Wolfram Thill), pp. 276-291, and
- “Introduction” (co-authored with Elise Friedland), pp. 1-9, in
- The Oxford Handbook of Roman Sculpture, edited by Elise A. Friedland and Melanie Grunow Sobocinski, with Elaine K. Gazda. Oxford University Press. 2015. 728 pp., ill. ISBN 978-0-19-992182-9.
- “Visualizing Architecture Then and Now: Mimesis and the Capitoline Temple of Jupiter Optimus Maximus,” in A Companion to Roman Architecture, edited by Roger Ulrich and Caroline Quenemoen, 446-61. Chichester/Malden, MA: Wiley-Blackwell. 2014.
- “Porta Triumphalis and Fortuna Redux: Reconsidering the Evidence,” Memoirs of the American Academy in Rome 54 (2009): 135-164.
- “Visualizing Ceremony: The Design and Audience of the Ludi Saeculares Coinage of Domitian,” American Journal of Archaeology 110.4 (2006): 581-602.
- Detroit and Rome: Building on the Past. Edited and with introduction by Melanie Grunow Sobocinski. Dearborn: University of Michigan–Dearborn. 2005.
127 pp., ill. ISBN 0-933691-09-2.
- “Architectural Images in Roman State Reliefs, Coins, and Medallions: Imperial Ritual, Ideology, and the Topography of Rome.” 2002. University of Michigan–Ann Arbor.